Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Is it the end of the affair?


I was rummaging through the studio this week, as I do, and I found my yarn stash. I looked at it - the happy colors, the endless possibility and I thought about my Crochet Affair. That affair started in 2006 or so and it has waxed and waned since that time.

Just very recently I thought that the affair may be over. A little sad maybe, but times change and passions fade. So, with a heavy heart I put away my yarn and went for a quick goggle at my fave blogs, looking for happy images to cheer me up.

And wouldn't you just know it, I stumbled upon (completely by accident mind you) some lovely and juicy crochet treats! It seems wherever I turned crochet was staring me prettily in the face. I felt a pinch of that old flame, I did!


I remembered the excited triumph when I completed my first Granny Square! I thought for a moment, then I thought for a few more moments, searching my heart and mind. I don't think the love is gone. I don't think the affair is over. It is possibly rekindled!

So what shall I make? And could you please tell me where I've put my hooks?



7 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Yay!!! :)
Sorry though, don't know where your hooks are!
V x

Jo said...

Make something really lovely for yourself like the Elise scarf/shawl on ravelry. Just interesting enough to make it go with a swing but easy enough to get you back in. The results look stunning for a very easy pattern. I did one here and get endless comments when I wear it.
http://joeveryday19.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/hooray-elise-shawl.html

mamimade said...

Well, obviously you're supposed to make MORE granny squares. For as long as your yarn will carry you and THEN you decide what to turn it into. ...
obviously ;-)

and
your hooks are between the sofa cushions!

Your're welcome !
:-)

BR
Susanne

CJ said...

So glad you're feeling it again. I'm very much like that, I go through phases where I'm not interested in things. But it always comes back, sooner or later. I shall look forward to seeing what you decide to embark on.

Sherri B. said...

I does seem that crochet is all around, every where we look...and with such happy colors too. It has made my fingers a bit itchy for the hook that I have let rust, I'm sure.

If the hooks were missing in my house, they would be in a box, on the bottom of a pile of unpacked boxes, that have nothing what so ever to do with any crafty thing...So, I'm probably no help there. :) xo

Flaming Nora said...

do it, do it, do it! I think your hooks have gone on holiday with the roll of black seam binding that ran away from home last week.

june at noon said...

I am very much that way with knitting and crocheting both. I go in bursts with it and then get tired of it and put it away ... but it always reappears at some point. I do that will all of my craft things, really, but the yarn seems to reappear more consistently than some. Happy hooking!