Monday, March 14, 2011

New Time, New Day

Waking up this morning was a little daunting. That one hour change seems such a small thing but, I'm still wiping the sleep from my eyes. There is a tiny bit of sun poking through the dark clouds after last night's storm, signaling the start of a fresh week.

This weekend we finally had to face facts and retire our computer. A new one came home and the Engineer did his engineer thing and got it all set up. Now, all that is needed is to sort out our internet issues...there appears to be a ghost in the machine. Our house seems to be a bandwidth black hole. Which means that I am well behind in my postings and visitings. There was so much I meant to gab about last week. I will try to catch up this week. There have been some happy, exciting things going on around here!

The big news, The Little Green Cottage has been featured on houzz.com! If you would like to have a look just click HERE. Kerrie Kelly did a lovely write up and feature. Houzz.com is a great place for home inspiration!

And in local news last week, my most favorite fabric shop in town gave me a nice little shout out on their blog HERE. Where you will also see a unique bit of chicken fashion by another local sewist! Bolt Fabric Boutique's blog has some great projects and pattern reviews by the amazing shop staff.

Well, I think that's enough goodness for today. Tomorrow, I have a thrilling movie to share with you!

13 comments:

Colette said...

Woweeee, apart from being far too clean and tidy your home looks very beautiful and personal, I have suitcase envy, and kitchen envy too. Sigh.
That fabric shop looks heavenly, just as well I don't live nearby I'd be bankrupt in a flash.

You may have even inspired me to 'spring clean' much needed around these parts, wish me luck.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

What a brilliant feature on your gorgeous home! :)
Vivienne x

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

I love your home - it's so beautiful and welcoming! Congrats on all the blog love.

Flaming Nora said...

Glad to see you back. But I must ask, what did you do with all the stuff? shove it in the washing machine? Fridge? Boot of the car? Its unnatural for a house to look that tidy! Love the suitcases. xx

Janee Lookerse said...

Oh man...I'm still yawning...


How exciting for a new computer! Although not for the checking account... I hope everything goes smoothly with it! Also, I absolutely LOVE the old suit cases!

xoxo
Janee
yellowbirdyellowbeard.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

What a lovely start to my day too..
Seeing your gorgeous pictures...
I adore your old suitcases!!!

So glad your computer is back on track...

and looking forward to visiting some lovely places you are popping up at...

Debby said...

Such a good feature. Love the tour of your home. Not sure about the chicken jacket, only kidding.

june at noon said...

Such a sweet home. I stayed up way too late on the night before time-change, so not only did I lose an hour, but I shortened my night even more--and had to get up early to teach a 2-year-old Sunday school class! Believe you me, I was going on adrenaline! :)

Sherri B. said...

That was nice seeing so many bits of your cozy home, you have so many nice touches and I love how you have made a smallish kitchen work, it gives me some ideas for the Little House kitchen (very, very small)...So nice to see you honored in these blogs, we all know how talented you are but it is nice that others who may not know you yet get a chance to enjoy you too...Love the chicken diapers, undoubtedly thought up to lenghthen the time between coop cleaning, Ha, Ha!!

lifeshighway said...

Congratulations on being featured on the houzz.com. What a wonderful write-up and your house looked perfectly elegant and homey at the same time.

Lola you did not tell me you were making chicken outfits! Um, well I guess hens love to wear a little color too.

Mom L said...

I loved the tour of your home - and I'm very proud that you were featured on the Bolt blog....way to go! Pony Girl has to be the most beautifully dressed child in the state.

I was really tickled by the picture of a chicken diaper - but not snickering, since I've read enough farm blogs to know that some chickens like to be inside the house!

Nancy in Iowa

Anonymous said...

I actually found your blog from the Houzz link and I must say I super duper love it. Your house and your blog. And your outlook and your musings and your creativity. Seeing your pictures I thought, "That looks very Portlandy". I live across the river, but I consider myself Portland anyway. My heart definitely belongs there. And then I read your "About Me" stuff and, sure enough, you're a PNWer. So happy to have found your blog. Looking forward to reading more!

Sabrina said...

I love how you leave a trail of everyday beauty as you move through your life!!! It feels so elegant and peaceful even just gazing at the images. Thanks for sharing!