Monday, March 7, 2011

Hello Monday

Well hello!
If you were in the neighborhood yesterday, and just happen to peek into the windows of the little green cottage, you would have seen my little family all in our pajamas well past a reasonable hour. You might have witnessed a baby bird in a nest of fluffy blankets, eyes glued to an episode of Scooby Doo. You certainly would have noticed the Engineer concentrating on a recipe in the kitchen. You may also have seen Lola on the couch, cup of tea by her side, and a look of confusion as she read through a new pattern.

Yes, the three of us were feeling a little poorly yesterday. Not the horrible horrendous kind of poorly that has you knocked out flat and moaning (thank goodness) but, the take it easy in your pajamas all day and make a nest on the couch sort of poorly. The Engineer who was the least poorly of us all, took over the duties of feeding the family with a masterpiece of slow food, something cooked over hours and hours with love.

What a good man!

I on the other hand, decided to try something new...you may remember that I have set the goal of being brave this year so...well, I was just sitting on the couch anyway.
I have begun some hookery in pink, following a pattern! with sleeves! (at least I'm hoping it will have sleeves, as opposed weird dangly bits when I'm finished with it) Now, you may wonder what the big deal is, it is simply that I have never, not ever tried such a thing. I am not expecting perfection, only that it turn out vaguely similar to the pattern picture. Baby bird is still in her nest today with a fever and another episode of Scooby Doo, I'm off to keep her company and get a few more hooky rows in.

Have a lovely day.

21 comments:

Katiebee said...

ohhh, so sorry to hear you & yours are feeling yucky~ sending get better wishes your way~

Flaming Nora said...

playing hooky on a sick day, now there is a thing! Hope you are all feeling better tomorrow. xx

Sherri B. said...

So sorry Pony Girl is under the weather, she should soon be better with her mama's good care and comforting hookery going on beside her...That is a big, brave move to do the sleeves, love the color.

Have fun with it and feel better Pony Girl!

How nice to have such a sweet and handsome chef, no wonder you feel better!!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Hope you all feel better soon!
Looking forward to seeing the crochet, it looks good already. :)
Vivienne x

Vintage Tea Time said...

Good luck with the crochet - looking good so far - cool colour! Hope you all feel tickety boo soon :)

Colette said...

Glad you were well enough for a little crafting. Hope the little one is feeling better soon. x

Tania said...

You make Scooby Doo sound like the best thing since sliced cheese. (You are so going to nail that pattern and then you'll be off to conquer the world).

Feel better quick, you lot!

willow and moo said...

Alex, I hope you all are feeling better soon.
Moo really likes Scooby Doo too. I find this amusing because I really liked it when I was her age!

Mom L said...

I'm sorry you've all been feeling poorly - but better that than a major flu bout. And you each found something to do to help you relax!! I love that. Can i borrow the engineer to cook for me?

My first effort at crocheting a shawl 100 years ago ended up being something a giant could use. I didn't know how to stop. I'm short, and when I finally wrapped it around me, the pointy bottom nearly touched the ground.

Nancy in Iowa

mel @ loved handmade said...

Nothing better than a good Jammie day, though not so great when you're all not feeling the best! I love that pink, it's looking good so far. Thank goodness for your man taking on feeding duty, it's always so nice NOT to be the one to cook! Hope you're all better very soon..x

littlechrissy said...

That is a simply marvellous shade of pink that will no doubt help you while you're feeling blue.

Tas said...

I was abuot to say "yay" Piggy piggy jam jam days are the best, but definately better when you are not feeling sick. Hope the household is back to good health soon.

Ribbons Undone said...

Similar scene here at my house today! Both of my kids are sick and watching Boomerang all day. I'm on the couch, with knitting needles, struggling with mohair.

lifeshighway said...

Hope everyone is feeling a little better today. Keep us up to date on your new project.

meredith said...

I'm sorry your family isn't feeling well. :-( I recently discovered your blog and it is lovely. I can't wait to follow along. I recently started my own blog about knitting and such...thanks for being a wonderful inspiration!

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Hope your family is feeling better. I think you are very brave as I have not tried that yet and still a bit too nervous to try :)

diane said...

you are hooktastic. funny, life's highway's post today involves a hooker too ;)
hope you fell better xoxo

. said...

Get well soon guys... it really does seem to be a worldwide lurgi, everybodies sick! x

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Is that the Engineer??? that is not what he looked like at all in my minds eye... I had him looking ...less... mountain man!!
Hope you feel better soon.

Bobo Bun said...

Sounds like a proper and good kind of poorly. Need to be snuggled, but well enough to do lovely things. Have fun. I'm also off work as eldest daughter is ill, but I'm well and about to start making things. Lovely. X

Mare said...

I hope you all feel better today! We are just getting over something that had me out of commission for all of February! Can't wait for fresh air and sunshine again!