Monday, September 27, 2010

Hello Monday - Neutrality

Hello lovelies. It's Monday again, and the week ahead looks to be made for diving in and tackling long overdue projects. I will be going deep down into the basement of chaos and turning the lot of it on it's ear. I will attempt to reach a Zen state and move through with efficiency and try not to panic. Aspiring to neutrality, I will temper my sentimentality and soften my harsh critic. Hopefully by weeks end, a tidy and much more serene basement will emerge. This will require complete immersion in the task at hand so, I bid you fair adieu until next week, may it be a fine one.

1. Linen lavender heart, 2. Pine Cones, 3. Knitster, 4. Setting the Table, 5. Untitled, 6. Untitled, 7. 255:365 Childhood Is a Short Season, 8. Lailah's Shimmery Poncho, 9. Linen Rickrack

14 comments:

A Bun Can Dance said...

Sounds extremely daunting - take care down there and remember to leave a trail of rice or somesuch so that the Engineer and Pony Girl will find you!
Good luck!
Denise x

Sherri B. said...

Oh, I do so understand the feeling. I hang on to things because my heart won't let go and then comes the day(s) of reckoning. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Good luck! :)

lifeshighway said...

Good luck from me too!

I am impressed, the garage and been talking to me but so far I have managed to ignore it.

Mom L said...

Ditto on the suggestion to leave a rice trail....

You know, LN, if you'd come out here to rummage through the boxes I never unpacked you might find tons of treasure!!!

Nancy in Iowa

Colette said...

Oh my - what a task... remember to come up for air, and cake.

I love the food in jars from your last post - so much more pleasing on the eye than branded boxes. x

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I hope mine is as productive as your week plans to be. good luck!

Cathie said...

ohhh, i wish you luck, I do not envy you because it gets me all in a fluster when I need to de clutter.
think of the end of the tunnel!
happy week Ms Lola Nova

mel @ loved handmade said...

I'm adoring all of those neutrals, gorgeous! Happy cleaning, sorting, zenning...it'll be so worth the effort!

june at noon said...

No easy task. Good luck!

Flaming Nora said...

remember a flask of tea, some sticky buns and a very long reel of string, just to find your way out. Oh and an emergency 10 p and a whistle. Humm think I may be turning in to my grandma.
Just re read this and it sounds so terribly terribly English! I do love to be cliche!

Kate said...

Oh my goodness, it sounds like quite a task!
I hope by now you've made a great start and that it is looking doable. I hope you have a productive and happy week. X

Pia K said...

oh, that reminds me what i should do, with certain messy rooms...:/ thursday as i'm writing this, i do hope you have made it unharmed and in good spirits, the basement cleaning... the zen state would be nice, maybe one day? on the other hand, to be zen all the time means you get nothing creative done, and a bit of mess and chaos is good for the creativity. definitely:)

Tania said...

That comment filled with the best of intent that you left on my blog a week ago? Right back at you, lovely lady.