Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Good Times


We are back and nearly recovered from our long weekend at Pickathon 2009. We had quite a time! As always, there were many magical moments and a barrel full of great music.

I suggest clicking on the photos for the full festival effect.


Some of the highlights for me were artists that were new to me. Like Alela Diane, such a beautiful voice. The Deep Dark Woods, who I happened to see on the deep dark woods stage, were another surprise goodness.
The folks that I looked forward to seeing did not disappoint. Justin Townes Earle delivered again with some amazing performances. Dr. Dog and Blitzen Trapper put on stellar shows on the main stage. There were many more amazing bands, too many to mention.

Church of the Get Down in the barn

Our girl had a swell time of it. Her favorite part seems to have been the horses that live on the farm where the event is held. Many, many trips were made to pet Lucky, the farm mascot.
The festival is pretty small as far as music festivals go, which is how I like it. Very family friendly with lots of activities for the kiddos. My girl got to be a part of a circus and a kids variety show where she told a joke, sang a song and did a little dance.
Kids craft tent

Farm bus

We have many wonderful memories to tide us over until next year. Ah, good times.


I will be back in a couple of days with a pattern review and other crafty bits. See you soon.

7 comments:

A Bun Can Dance said...

Welcome home!
It sounds as though your festival was a great success and also a great tonic too!
Glad you had a fab time
Enjoy your happy memories
Denise x

lifeshighway said...

Wow, what a great week. Hope you guys were out of the intense heat I have been reading about up your way.

diane said...

fun times!

i want to hear stella's joke.

Anonymous said...

clicked on festival picks, I can feel the music! Justin Townes Earle , hmmmmm anything to due with Townes Van Zandt and Steve Earle, two of the greatest Texas troubadours since Bob Wills? And Steve Earle Just did an entire album of TVZ? Maybe I just read into it to much, but......
dianes hubby darrin

Anonymous said...

ps

thanks for the BEUTIFUL blanket animals and graet jelly!

Lola Nova said...

Hey Anon.
Justin Townes Earle is Steve's son. He is awesome! A great performer and one long legged string beaned smooth voiced son of a gun.

ps. yer welcome

june at noon said...

Just wanted to let you know I did end up using your tutorial for the summer wallet. I made a few modifications to add a zip pocket to the back, since my daughter loves to collect change. I linked to your post in my blog and on Craftster for anyone interested. :)